Sunday, February 24, 2008

Comic Strip

The assignment this week was to create a comic strip of my heritage. I decided to go back as far as my grandparents and show what countries they were from. The comic strip also shows a little about me and my future.

My mother’s parents came from Hungary and Russia. My grandmother is 100% Hungarian and my grandfather is mostly Russian with the last name Skalaban. Both of their parents came over to America and had gave birth to them, making them both American citizens. My grandparents have been married for forty-five years. My grandma and grandpa Skalaban had four children all girls, with my mother being the first born.

My father’s parents came from Poland and England. My grandmother was mainly Polish and my grandfather was mostly English. Both of their parents came over to America and had children, making them American citizens. My grandmother gave birth to three children, two boys and one girl. The youngest boy was my dad. Unlike my mother’s parents my dad’s parents went through a divorce. My grandmother remarried and her husband adopted my dad. My dad and my last name is Jennings.

My parents met when in high school and started dating. My mother went to Bloomsburg University and my dad went into the army. After the army and college they got married and shortly after had me. They were married for ten years when they decided to split up. Now I have a step-father and step-mother making my family huge.

This is my last semester at Penn State, but I think my college years will always be in my heart. College is a time when you really mature and grow-up. I have made a ton of friends here and will never forget all of the memories of State College. I am going to be an accountant at Pricewaterhouse Coopers. I see my past being Penn State and my future as an accountant. I have a heritage to contribute to that I will pass down to my children.

No comments: